Friday, February 13, 2009

The Blessings of Hospitality

We have a special guest today. She is the four-year old daughter of good friends who are having a weekend to themselves. I notice a few things about having a house guest. Luke's behavior is radically different when there is someone here to entertain. My house gets cleaner and stays cleaner when there are other folks here. For instance, after lunch today, rather than needing to follow the boys into the playroom to ensure peace and civility, I let our guest do it. Seriously! Add one four-year-old girl to the mix and life becomes SO much more sane. We are going to do this more often. So while they played, I did the lunch dishes. That NEVER happens. Usually Erik arrives home to a very messy kitchen because it was the last thing on my list. Not so today. :-)

It is currently 7pm, a time of night during which I usually entertain Luke with a game or five. Tonight he and our guest are having pajama playtime together. And I have time to blog before 10pm. I might even read for pleasure. Wow. We need to do this every weekend.

Advertisement: Home for four-year-old girls. One night a week only. Sweethearts and Precious Heads need only apply.

Paul shows off his wheels to our guest.

Pajama playtime!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have the cream of the crop for your special guest. What fun... Enjoy!

Love, Oma

Lynne said...

It sounds like a great time was had by all. Happy Valentine's Day

Love, Grandma