Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunset and Grasshopper

Today's adventures revolved mainly around more bugs and a trip to the swimming pool.  Oma and I headed out together this morning, so Daddy was in charge.  He did a great job of keeping the boys entertained with bug hunting and airplane flying.  (Grandma left the boys these absolutely awesome little flyers to find via a scavenger hunt our first evening here...very popular activity!)  Sadly, Daddy didn't take any pictures.  Then our trip to the pool also went undocumented.  I was too busy being splashed by Paul.  We did make new friends, though.  The woman sitting beside me at the wading pool is a homeschool mom who lives just down the road from us at home!  It was so fun to get to know her.  We exchanged numbers and are excited to have a play date when we all get home.
After swimming, Paul took a nap of epic proportions beginning at 3pm.  Eventually at 6pm, after we had finished eating dinner (Teriyaki Beef made on the BBQ - SUPER YUM), Erik and I woke him up.  He was a pretty cheerful fellow and sat at the table enjoying his food while watching Daddy play Da Blob.  It's a video game.  The hero paints things.  We like it.
Around 7:15 Daddy noticed the amazing sunset taking place and we all headed out to enjoy the golden light.  I grabbed my camera and spent the next 20 minutes playing with the light.  Here are some of the results.

 Looking at the sunset from the front deck of the cabin.
 Oma took this picture of us.  We are both a little tired, but that's okay.  The lighting is great! :-)

I love sunsets.  I just have a point and shoot camera, but I still like the way this turned out.



 This is Erik mocking my attempts at photography.  He's good at it.

 Sweet boy who held still so Mommy could take his picture in the golden light of the setting sun.

After watching the sunset and throwing the planes a few more times, Daddy caught a grasshopper!  The boys immediately ran for the bug jar.  We brought it in for a few minutes.  Don't worry.  No grasshoppers were harmed in the taking of these photos.  Luke released our little friend as soon as Mommy was done with the photoshoot.

 Studious and serious about bugs.

 The wonder of being four and catching bugs

 Nice catch, Daddy-Man!  He's a big one.

Right after I snapped this, Luke asked me if I could see his funny face through the bug jar.  Yep.

No comments: