Sunday, March 25, 2012

Unexpected Hodge-Podge

Unexpected because this will be my second blog posting in as many days.

Hodge-Podge because I finally got a charged battery into my camera and discovered a very random assortment of pictures which I will now share with all of you.

The boys help me "make" bread.  Okay.  We all dump different ingredients into our bread maker.  But it tastes amazing and they like to dump things in and watch it stir.

Our favorite whole grain bread, sweetened with molasses.  It looks gross here, but I think that's part of what the boys love about it.  Turns out amazing every time.

Ever wonder, "What do those boys do all day?"  This is a fair part of it.  They also build forts, construct and deconstruct lego creations, argue with each other, pretend to be knights, and eat.

More of the above.  This is a Brer Rabbit storybook that is part of our Read Aloud curriculum.  The boys enjoy the crazy, mad-capped humor and the fact that I read it with my best southern accent.  I'm allowed.  I'm not a possible presidential candidate. (First political comment on my blog!!  Will there be backlash?!?)

We went on a date in February.  We had my mom take this picture beforehand so we would remember that we went on a date and it was fun.

Paul likes marker a little too much.  I'm so glad these things are non-toxic and washable.  Although I will say it took more than one bath to get all of this to go away.  He's never seen the old Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but I really wanted to teach him the Oompa Loompa song when I saw what he had done to himself.

I'm sorry that I can't remember why he posed like this, but I'm glad I took this picture.  It accurately portrays what he is like for much of the time - goofy.

Yep.  Goofy.  This is in the cabin at Sunriver with a bug net over his head.
There are the pictures, people.  I told you they were random.  Paul just came out of his room, pointed at this picture and said, "I know who that is.  It's Link."  Also random.  Perhaps as we get back into our schedule this coming week, things will be less random and I'll actually have a blog post that makes more sense.  :-)

No comments: