Sunday, December 13, 2015

More December Fun

Bangsund Christmas traditions continued last weekend as we procured our Christmas tree and decorated the business out of our home.

We went to the tree farm we go to every year, owned and operated by Don Schneider.  It's the free toy place.  My kids still love it, so we still go.

The weather was not great, so I quickly picked a tree.  My main goal is always a skinny tree because our living room just gets REALLY crowded with anything other than a mildly anemic, Paris runway model version of a Christmas tree.  Know what I mean?

Here's what I found:


It's so slim, it doesn't really show from behind the boys.  Dang!  Luke is going to be taller than our tree in just a few years.  Oy.

So we (meaning Erik) cut it down, the boys picked their toys from Mr. Schneider's free toy shed, and we headed home.

Then came the fun, new Bangsund Family tradition.


Luke Bangsund helped his father put up the outside Christmas lights!

By this I mean that Luke did ALL of the ladder work.  All of it.  Erik stayed on terra firma while the ten year old climbed the ladder and did all the gutter clipping and tensioning.  What just happened?

Like this.  Crazy, huh?

Over the course of Saturday and Sunday, our little tree was decorated by mostly me.  I'm still not super comfortable letting the boys touch my grandmother's antique ornaments.  Maybe next year.  They did get to decorate the tree in the basement...that's cool, too, right?

Here's how our upstairs tree turned out:


I hadn't put the tree skirt on yet, or eliminated the boy legs from the area, but you get the gist.

And now, one of my favorite pictures of the season so far - Paul doing his spelling by the light of the Christmas tree this past week.

He found this location all by himself, and I love it.  Even spelling is better by tree light!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a busy fun month you have had...love the fact that Luke is almost as tall as the tree and Paul's special place to do spelling. They are adorable but don't tell Paul that. We had a discussion on good adjectives to call an 8 year old...sweetie and adorable did not make the grade. May God continue to fill you Christmas celebration with His love and blessings.
Mom