Saturday, March 24, 2007

Beautiful Moments

I spent the day at a retreat for leadership in the MOMS group at church. Erik and Luke stayed home while I went away and was rejuvenated by the Word and the fellowship of Christian sisters. There was also a foot soak and massage involved. Happy Mommy. Better than that, two sisters in Christ were encouraged by God's work in our lives through Bible Study Fellowship. I am so humbled by this. Driving home, singing praise songs, I honestly thought there was no way this day could get any better. Upon arriving home, Luke's first words to me were a request for my Bible. We then spent the next fifteen minutes singing, "The B-I-B-L-E, Yes, that's the book for me. I stand alone on the Word of God. The B-I-B-L-E." I wanted to blog this moment because it is proof that God provides the encouragement I need when I need it. He is good and faithful. As I look ahead to Sprout's birth, I sometimes grow apprehensive about what life will be like with a toddler and a newborn. I am thankful for my 19-month old who reminds me that I stand alone on the Word of God.

2 comments:

Jessica Kaylor said...

What an awesome testimony to the Lord you have given. I can see your smile through your writing. I actually think you are beaming.
Much love,
Jess

Unknown said...

Luke is a gift from God that you are raising in God's glory and he is a direct reflection of that love. I will have to teach you the sign for Jesus Loves Me. He is so precious when I sing it to him at bed time. Thanks for letting me be a part of his precious life. You take care of yourself honey. In God's healing Love, Mom