Monday, April 20, 2009

Good Day, Sunshine!

It was that kind of day here today. We spent our entire morning in the backyard. We were even able to enjoy a picnic lunch by moving our little table out there. It worked perfectly. The boys played hard and slept harder at nap. Unfortunately right as Erik walked in the door everyone was high needs McGee, so he didn't get to see much of the fun. Then he had to jet for BSF Fellowship. This is where the guys in his group all get together before class time and share the most recent stuff God has been doing in their lives through the study. Always a good time.
After finishing dinner with the boys we headed back outside and Luke hit the "baseball" for the first time ever! He started taking pitches this morning, totally HIS idea, in case you are thinking that I'm "that mom." But I was pretty stinkin' excited when he hit a pitch tonight. We were out front, because the backyard is unbearable in the evenings. And I totally screamed and jumped up and down as he hit a line drive down the third baseline. Okay, there were no bases, or lines, but it was fun. He hit a total of four pitches tonight. I won't tell you how many I threw. :-)
Well, there are grandparents and great-grandparents awaiting this post, so I will finish up with the pictures and a video.

Luke climbed this "tree" all by himself. He also wanted that bucket hanging there. No idea.

Happy Paul peeking at me through the play structure

Picnic lunch. I'm going to do this every chance I get this summer. No vacuuming required.

The video below was shot during pajama playtime tonight. The box was completely Luke's idea and I had NO idea what he was going to do when I began shooting. It really gives a whole new meaning to hammer head. I laugh every time I watch it. I hope you do too.




2 comments:

Lynne said...

Precious!!!! We love having the photos... a happy grandma and mapa..

Unknown said...

Love the explanation of the "hat"...to cute. Lunch looks like a fun time....
Love you all, Oma