Friday, August 28, 2009

Last Days of Summer

I was working diligently in the kitchen this morning, wiping counters and putting away dishes when I happened to glance outside. The boys were both playing at the sand and water table. I immediately left my work and grabbed my camera. I only got one shot of the two of them together, but it was worth it. The fact is that our lives are changing very soon. Luke and I will be doing preschool together in our home three days a week during the morning. While the preschool schedule definitely allows for free play and exploration, there will be more schedule than our lazy summer mornings have held. Part of me is extremely excited to be returning to a structured schedule. And part of me will miss watching the boys spend their morning inventing a new way to play with the Brio trains. But all of me rejoices that both Luke and Paul will be starting the BSF preschool program together in a few weeks. It's going to be great!

Before the picture, a quick quote from Luke. He was showing me his money, an odd assortment of change acquired mostly from grandparents. When I asked him which coins were his favorite, he pointed to the dimes and said, "I like the diamonds the best." Who doesn't? :-)


Brothers

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They are so precious. Looks like fun each absorbed in his own play. Thank you for sharing.

Lynne said...

So fun to read about the boys and their adventures. Darling photo!!!