Friday, September 4, 2009

Slightly Crazy Sunriver Day

We arrived at the cabin in Sunriver yesterday evening at about 8:30 pm. It would have been sooner had we not been waylaid by the playplace at the Madras McDonald's and a twenty minute construction zone wait outside Terrabonne. Crazy. The boys did okay. It was only during the last twenty-five minutes from Bend to Sunriver that Paul began to ask to be excused from his carseat. Cute and sad at the same time. The real crazy started when we attempted to put both boys in the same room to go to sleep. The giggling and bouncing commenced. Who knows when it stopped. I put in earplugs at 10pm and went to sleep. Around 6:45 am I rolled out of bed, removed my earplugs and was immediately met by Paul's chipper voice from the confines of the port-a-crib. The door to their room was already opened, so I knew Luke was already up. I left Paul where he was and headed to the coffee pot. After pouring myself a cup, I returned to the front room to find Luke asleep in the recliner. Picture below.

Later when I asked him what time he came out: Afternoon 3. (3 am) He sometimes gets confused between naptime and bedtime. I told him that if it is dark outside, it's NOT afternoon 3 and he needs to go back to bed.

The day itself was filled with a little more whining than usual, but nobody died. Paul and I took excellent naps. Luke skipped his entirely and Erik played video games. We did slip into the Village Mall to get Paul a bike helmet of his very own. We haven't been allowing him to actually ride the balance bike he recently acquired from Luke because he didn't own a helmet yet. So Paul has been dutifully walking that bike all over the place. Sadly, he has formed a habit. Even after we got his helmet and placed it on his head, he refused to get on the bike! Pictures below.


Happy to be walking his bike alongside Mommy.

It's 8pm exactly. Paul is asleep. Luke is quietly sitting in bed. Perhaps tonight will be a bit better. Our good friend Mark is arriving this evening and ALL the boys are terribly excited to spend time with him. I'm going to finish my book and maybe look into getting a massage at the lodge. It's my vacation and I start teaching part-time preschool next week. I think I deserve a massage. :-)

Other cute pictures:

He's cute despite being really tired and mildly cranky.

Paul on the deck with the tricycle. This was earlier in the morning before it was warm enough for shorts. Paul didn't seem to mind the nippy air.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

darling...so glad Paul got his own helmet. Maybe he'll try riding tomorrow. Love, Grandma and grandpa

Unknown said...

How very precious. Have Luke give Paul a pep talk on how to ride his bike. He'll get there. Thank you for sharing!
Love, Oma