Sunday, September 27, 2009

I love Sundays

We are attending the evening service at our church these days, and it makes Sundays very mellow. I slept until 8:22am this morning. That is definitely a record for me. The boys were already up and fed by that time. I picked clothes, Daddy dressed them, and we all headed to the park for the morning. The closest park is a little sketchy, but we went anyway. My boys can't read the graffiti yet, so it doesn't matter as much. I like this park because it has two play areas separated by long walking paths AND it is right next to an elementary school with an additional two play areas. It is perfect for the two-year old with very little attention span. We started in one area and eventually worked our way to the final "ultimate" play structure from which one can see the MAX trains as they pass by. Very cool. The boys had a great time and the parents were able to carry on conversations while pretending to ride on the MAX. Also very cool.
I almost forgot! I wanted to send a shout out to my fabulous father-in-law who is currently traveling in Europe and missing the opening games of NCAA college football. The Ducks thumped Cal yesterday 42-3!!!! Wish you were here. The boys are enjoying their football time each Saturday and we can hardly wait to have you and Grandma over. :-)
And now the pictures!

In completely unrelated events, Paul LOVES to wear his blanket around the house. It's actually pretty convenient for him. He came to me with it about a week ago, saying, "I wanna wear it." I decided the Pacific Islander look would be easiest.

Do you ever watch your kids do something and realize they are growing up?

Really angry Paul screaming NO because he doesn't want his picture taken. We think he looks like the MGM lion in this shot.

This is the MAX train. And the Daddy-Man sitting in the fake tire swing. That's right, folks. They don't use real tires anymore.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How much fun!! I thought I heard a lion roar this morning. Give them both a love from Oma. See you Wednesday evening.

Love, Oma

Lynne said...

THANKS so much for the update and lovely photos... Grandpa can hardly wait to watch the DUCKS WIN with his favorite grandsons!!!! with all our love from Rome...PS watch for post cards.
Love, Grandma and Grandpa