Sunday, December 27, 2009

More Christmas Cuteness

The last two days have been rather laid back, despite a minor plumbing incident that has rendered my dishwasher and garbage disposal inoperable for a time. That's not a fun story, so I will skip it. There will be a plumber here tomorrow hopefully. Back to the laid back part of these past two days...Yesterday I never managed to get out of my pajama pants. Today I put on jeans, but never changed out of my pajama top. Perhaps tomorrow I will manage to dress myself fully. I did finish Sense and Sensibility today. I've been on a bit of a Jane Austen kick since about May. It all started with Pride and Prejudice. Then came Emma and I figured I was through it, but then one of my former students told me that Mansfield Park was her personal favorite. It might be mine as well. I'm thinking that 2010 will need to include Persuasion and Northanger Abbey. I'm not sure why I often feel the need to read an author's entire canon, especially if s/he is dead. William Faulkner is the exception. I could go on, but that's not a particularly fun story either.
The boys have been spending time with their new train bits. They both received a new engine and new track accessories that include a coal chute and a magnetic crane. I thought I would share a few more pictures from the Christmas festivities and post holiday fun.

Luke and Paul opening Aunt Krista's present: miniature wooden replicas of London (for Luke) and Paris (for Paul). So fun!

The Daddy-Man has the entire week between Christmas and New Year's off. It's a gift from his employer, Takeda, every year. I love this company. And we love having Daddy home.

Trains. Trains. Trains. Trains. Trains.

And more trains. Such fun!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Great fun.... thanks for the photos!!!