Friday, August 6, 2010

Eleven Years




Tomorrow Erik and I celebrate our 11th Anniversary. Tuesday evening we ran away from home to enjoy some time alone together at Dave and Lynne's place in Sunriver. It always takes me a few days to slow down. In fact, yesterday I was running coupon deals in Bend. Today I'm not going to do that. :-) I'm thinking that a bike ride to my favorite spot on the river and maybe even a picnic lunch are today's activities.

I am going to post some pictures of our remodel...because I have the time and energy. Besides, I don't have any pictures of us during this trip. I'm not the best at asking strangers to take our picture. Maybe tomorrow night when we go to dinner...

Anyway, here's the remodel.

The Daddy Man rips open the sheet rock in the stair well. This is after he and I removed a TON of fake wood paneling. Seriously. At one point we removed a section only to find another one beneath it. Why?

At the bottom of the stairs, the pocket door to the laundry room begins to take shape. In all my married years, I've NEVER had a door I could close to hide my laundry.

But now I do!! Luke calls this the dirty underwear door. So no one can see our dirty underwear.

This used to be a really ugly closet completely covered in fake wood paneling. You can also see the orange formica-topped bar. We named that room The Cantina, after the wild and crazy bar in the first Star Wars film. It used to have a single door that you opened and closed to get in. No door to the laundry room, but a door to get to the ugliest room ever conceived. I guess I can see the sense in that.

This is standing at the bottom of our basement stairs. My vision has been to create a space that is inviting, rather than scary and confusing. The five foot wide doorway is a HUGE improvement in my estimation. Next post will include pictures of No Bar and Sawed Couch.

2 comments:

Jill Foley said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you are having a great time.

The remodel is looking great. I'm so glad I got to see the before in all it's glory.

Lynne said...

Happy Anniversary and great posts about the remodel and garage sale... Enjoy your time away -- the boys are doing great.

Love,
Mom