Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fourth Birthday Extravaganza

We celebrated Paul's fourth birthday today with a Thomas themed party that revolved mostly around a bubble machine and the best balloon twister on the planet, Andrew Alfeche. He absolutely rocks. I'll just stop gushing and get the pics posted. They pretty much tell the story.

I love summer birthdays. These were our only decorations. That is our new picnic table.

Paul holds up his first balloon animal, a bumblebee.

Our dudes check out Andrew's awesome poster which displays the variety of stuff he makes.

Paul excitedly explaining all the balloon options.

Paul watching while Andrew works on his second creation.


Paul's second choice. It's a dragon!

Andrew entertained the young guests for the better part of the first hour. Did I mention his rates are EXTREMELY reasonable? Drop me a line if you want his contact info for your next kid party!

Time for presents! Paul was hilariously methodical while opening his gifts. It took him forever to open this first present, a set of Lightning McQueen cars. Luke had already peeked and announced the contents to the crowd. Paul meanwhile, unfazed, continued to slowly rip small pieces of wrapping paper away from the box.

Time for cake!

Paul literally could not take his eyes off the cake. There was no getting him to look up at the camera. Simultaneously, the precious girl beside him posed perfectly (and differently) for all six shots that I took. Hilarious!

Sadly, I didn't get any shots of the bubble machine, but it was a HUGE success as well. Best $9 I've spent this year. I'll check with my mom and see if she got some.

We all had a blast and now we are looking forward to our week in Cannon Beach beginning next Saturday. :-)








2 comments:

Lynne said...

Outstanding... thank you so much for the photos... Love, G and G

Michelle said...

Thanks for having us at Paul's birthday! And what a fun blog! It must be so fun to have these archives for reference. I was looking back through 07... I just love chubby Paul. How adorable! I hope I can keep at blogging long enough to have these same archives for my girls someday.

Also, you are awesome!