Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mission Accomplished!

WOHOO!!!  I did it!!!  I surprised my sister by arriving in her Greenville, NY kitchen tonight as her birthday present.  Huge thanks to my awesome brother-in-law, Ed, for being my cohort in crime.  (Cue devious laughter)

It was so much fun to share with her this evening all the ways that I almost blew our cover multiple times.  She did have a slight hint yesterday because I called her out of the clear blue.  We usually chat Wednesdays or Thursdays and she calls me because I can't keep her schedule in my head.  My precious nephew Rory has teachers who visit the house weekly for his OT and speech therapy.  I don't ever want to interrupt that business.  But yesterday I was calling because Ed had left a message, assuring me that his wife was out running errands and wouldn't be home for at least 45 minutes.  Guess who came home WAY ahead of schedule?  Yep.  So, when she picked up the phone, I was already to say, "Yo, Ed!" and had to quickly switch to "Hey Sis!"  AAAHHH!  My brain doesn't function that quickly these days.

Even though she had a slight clue, she was was still pretty stinkin' excited to see me.  Screaming, laughing, hugging.  All the good stuff.  And have I mentioned that my amazing sister has lost over 65 pounds on Take Shape For Life?  Well, SHE HAS!  I'm so amazingly happy for her.  Ed has lost over 50.  When you add in the thirty I've lost, we are nearly to 150 pounds of unhealth released forever.  And we are feeling good!

We did not get pictures of the reveal.  Sorry, friends.  It was the end of a long day of Mommying for my sweet sister and I just couldn't do that to her.  But we will get some pics taken on Friday for sure.  That's the party day and we are going to get our groove on with the hair and the make up.

For now you will have to be content with these pictures of my lovely room.  I am staying at the Greenville Arms 1889 Inn.  It is a HUGE step up from where I have stayed in the past, an establishment that shall remain nameless because I'm about to say less than lovely things about it.  It's a  total dive.  Imagine a scary, sleazy bar with a motel at the back.  Because that's what this place is.  When Erik and I were planning for this trip, we discussed this doubling as the personal retreat for which I've been longing.  I'm not sure who would take a personal retreat at the previous lodgings, but it would need to be someone who was impressed by a huge collection of neon beer signs in the front window.  Not.  Me.

Enter the absolute charm of the Greenville Arms.  Here are the pics to prove it.

 The front sitting room.

 My bed (with my blanket!)

 My precious sitting room.  That loveseat is super comfy and I can't wait to do my quiet time there tomorrow morning!!!

My cutie bathroom with all the amenities

A HUGE thank you to my husband, Erik.  You are a gift from the Lord Jesus Christ.  I could not have made this trip without your love, support, and willingness to foot the bill.  Thanks for letting me do this.  Baby, you are the greatest.

No comments: