Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Luke's 8th Birthday Post

This past spring, I knew that this summer was going to be very full, hence the brilliant double birthday party idea first proposed by my brilliant sister.  I'm so glad we did.  Luke's 8th birthday was over two weeks ago.  We totally celebrated, but this is the first chance I've had to blog it.  Here is all that sweet goodness.

First, a flashback.


This is the little man who made me a mom eight years ago.  Blessed?  Yes, I am.

He's only changed a little in eight years.


Luke's birthday began with the building of the traditional Bangsund Birthday Train, followed by a hug from his brother...


...and a gift from his family.




It's Star Wars LEGO.  It was a very popular choice.  All the males in the house were intrigued.

I just love the way the LEGO draws our family together.  Am I crazy?  Perhaps.  But mostly I just feel so happy that my boys and their father have things they love to do together.

Let the building commence!

I know I'm biased, but I love this boy a lot.  He is soft-hearted toward God, sometimes kind to his brother, and occasionally obedient to his parents.  And he's pretty stinkin' patient with me as I attempt to figure this whole parenting thing out.

After a morning of building LEGO and playing with his brother, we headed for birthday lunch at Elmer's, with special guests, Grandma and Grandpa.  I've probably said it before but I like Elmer's.  There are no TVs in the restaurant and the kids' menu has breakfast all day.  It's the perfect place for my people!

Okay, I actually took this next picture a few days before Luke's birthday, but I HAD to include it.  Why?  Take a peek, people.  No booster seat.  Cool and crazy for sure.


Birthday lunch was great.  Luke had waffles and a side of fries, which he dipped in his syrup.  It was his birthday.  I figured it only comes once a year.  This epic meal was followed by...

 More Star Wars LEGO!!!  Good pick, Grandma!

I took this picture because Paul is smitten with this character, Admiral Ackbar, even though he's never seen the films.  Paul doesn't care.  He just knows this guy is cool.  He's right.


The final build of the day and this was one happy eight year old.  Eight?!?  What the...?  How did that happen?

Stay tuned for more posts including our first day of school and other exciting events.

No comments: