Sunday, November 16, 2014

Meanwhile...

While Erik and I were enjoying life at the Broadmoor, Luke and Paul were able to spend time with their grandparents.  I might be wrong, but I think the highlight might have been the boys' Taekwondo class on Friday morning.  All grandparents were in attendance.  They were privileged to meet Mr. Nick, our Friday instructor.  Lots of pictures were taken.  I wasn't there, but the pictures are pretty sweet.

Mr. Nick started the lesson with a really cool obstacle course.  After crawling through the tube and jumping over the red sparring cushions while carrying the ball, Mr. Nick then proceeded to attack each boy with the blue noodle.  Luke informed me that Mr. Nick also did play-by-play during the obstacle course.  He jumps!  He ducks!  He jumps!  I'm kinda sad I missed it.


Then, after jumping the three black sparring cushions, each boy weaved through the cones with the ball.  I love the look on Paul's face in this picture.

After the obstacle course, came stretching.


 The butterfly stretch.

 Done with stretching and it's time for push-ups!

The next part of the class was spent working on what our dojang calls Basic Form.  I'm fairly confident that our school invented this form in order to help beginners understand the concept of Taekwondo forms without having to learn anything too difficult.  The boys learned the first four steps for Basic Form on Friday.  I'm so jazzed because they were able to teach them to me this morning! :-)




I think that Grandma has the picture where folks are looking straight at the camera, but I had this one because Oma took my camera.  It's still a great picture.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was fun and very interesting...I can hardly wait to see them in a few years.
Oma