Friday, September 18, 2015

First Day of School and Purple Belts

September has been a whirlwind so far.  No joke.  Let me back up a bit.

We actually started school on August 13th.  The boys had just arrived home from a trip to the cabin on August 12th.  I actually had three days to prep materials and resources.  And I was PUMPED to start.  However.  The children probably could have used a few more days to adjust to life at home.  Dang.  I hate it when my enthusiasm rolls over the top of my people.  We had a hard first day.  It wasn't helped by the fact that within a few hours of finishing one student would be lying in bed with a fever.  I was oblivious until that one put himself to bed at 12:30pm.

Meanwhile, our other person decided that he was going to refuse to do any sort of writing curriculum.  Forever.  The laser beams that shot from my eyes narrowly missed exploding his head. Good did come out of all this because our Daddy-Man/Principal made an unscheduled stop by the classroom to facilitate a meaningful conversation between a struggling student and his frustrated teacher.  We are blessed to have that guy.  And probably still alive because of him as well.

Anyway, nobody died on the first day of school.  And we took cute pictures despite bad attitudes.  What is a blog if not a place to be blunt?  Right?

 The table ready to go!

 The Paul.  He doesn't look like he's about to come down with strep throat, does he?  He is.

 I love this guy.  Even when he refuses to do his writing assignments.

102 degrees Fahrenheit that same day.  Boo.

But then he got better.  And it was time to get their purple belts.  Okay, clearly I have abandoned transitions.  Pictures.  Here they are.

 During testing - don't they look awesome?

Then they got to spar.  Sweet.

Purple belts!  Yay!

And since I had five hours of sleep last night, and a conclusion is failing me...the end.

1 comment:

Karen@ onthebanksofsaltcreek.com said...

Wow, that is a pretty extreme measure to miss the first few days of school,Paul. Strep is NO FUN. Glad you are better.