Sunday, May 6, 2007

Big, Heavy and Other News

Luke often uses the phrase, "Big, heavy" to describe anything he cannot easily lift. This might be his riding toy or a book. I have grown concerned that any day now he is going to look at me and say these words. Fortunately, he hasn't yet. I'm feeling big and heavy lately. I have discovered something, however, that has given me great hope. Up until just this morning, I was thinking that I am seven months pregnant. Lo and behold I'm in my eighth month, not my seventh! Judging by the size of my belly, this seems much more appropriate. I am relieved.

In other news, Erik is suffering from an ear infection and I am laid rather low with a cold. Your prayers are greatly appreciated, especially considering that Luke is in perfect health. Today as he ran around the house making various "requests," we happened upon the idea of pawning him off on someone else for a few minutes. We called our fabulous neighbors, Tim and Taryn, who arrived quickly with Julie the Corgi to take Luke on a walk. It's amazing how golden a half hour of quiet house can be when one is not feeling well. Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments: