Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Shoe Fascination and Other Blessings


I'm a bit behind! Here's a cute picture of my son trying on his Oma's sandal to make up for my lack of posting. What is it about toddlers and other people's shoes? His fascination with all things Shoe started about a month ago. Sometimes it's his own shoes and sometimes it's somebody else's. I think bigger shoes are easier for him to put on; therefore, he will readily shod himself with anything and everything available regardless of gender appropriateness. It's adorable.

In other news, the BSF Bible Study Fellowship year has come to a close and I found myself with a chunk of unscheduled time this morning as Luke wandered around the house playing with various things. I was fortunately the recipient of a fabulous new journal from two of my BSF Senior Level students. I love a new journal. All those blank pages waiting for writing. As I had experienced a rather difficult morning filled with my own pride and failings, I decided to create a Blessings List on the first page of my new journal. Here is the abbreviated list.

God's blessings poured out on my life:
  • A husband who loves me as Christ loves the church
  • A son who is healthy and very talkative :-)
  • A healthy pregnancy and only six more weeks until due date
  • A house with room to grow
  • Five years seizure free as of May 17, 2007!!!
  • The Grandparents - enough said!
  • The Willseas - new friends in a new town - I can't believe it's been less than a year
The list could have continued, but then my talkative son said, "Come, please" and I went!

No comments: