Saturday, May 12, 2007

Sisters



I love my sister. Some background knowledge is necessary for that statement to have its full meaning. My sister and I grew up fighting like cats and dogs. There just wasn't much we agreed on. And even when we did agree, we pretended that we didn't so we could argue over who was right. I just recently returned from visiting her and her beautiful family in upstate New York on their beautiful farm. We are both wives and moms now. It is amazing how much we have in common. Her son is adorable, charming and delightful (see above picture). So is mine! :-) Seriously though, the four days I had with her flew by far too quickly, and I found myself longing for more time to share and laugh together. I took this trip without my son or my husband, but I cannot wait for the day when all the Bangsunds get together with all the Lansings. Visiting them will be huge highlights in the growing up years of my children. Horses, chickens, and cousins their own age! What more could a kid ask for? And while they run and jump and play, I will sit on the back deck with my sister, drinking a cup of coffee and enjoying her for who she is. Have I mentioned that I love my sister?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you two had such a good time together. I can hardly wait for Thanksgiving to get you both under my roof again. Love, Mom