Monday, June 11, 2007

"A" for Effort

My wonderful, beautiful sister, mother to a six-month old and keeper of horses AND chickens, valiantly started a blog in April. After two posts, it has been rather neglected. She emailed me today to say that she was going to attempt a new post. After checking tonight, I notice that she didn't manage. I have this to say about that:

No worries. The blog is a strange addiction that I find requires more than just a spare moment to "type something." I often sit at the New Post screen wondering if I have anything to say. What matters to me? What happened today that makes the day "Post-Worthy"? This is more thought and energy than a new mom has to give. Many days it's more than this Mom-of-Toddler cares to contribute to the Internet universe. I marvel at those who post every day. Perhaps it is my origin as an English teacher which prevents me from being able to accomplish this task. I write it, proofread it, revise it and hit that publish button, which always makes me sweat a bit.

I know my dear sister is also a writer by passion and talent. Does she long for a moment longer than fifteen minutes to record her musings of the day? Probably. Does any mom have that luxery? Not to the best of my knowledge. Having said all this, I give my sister an "A" for effort. It makes all the difference that she is attempting to record her personal thoughts and observations. New moms need to contribute to the world around them and if an internet blog can make that happen, even if only on a quarterly basis, it is well worth it. Keep trying, Sis. You inspire me to post when I can, nap when I should, and leave the laundry for tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jessica Kaylor said...

Here is my whole reason for blogging...I love reading everyone else's blogs! It helps me connect in a way that email, letters, and phone calls often fail. I feel like I get a daily (weekly, quarterly...) glimpse into people who I wish I could talk to or see everyday...like you! Thanks for blogging :)

Much love,
Jess

By the way, I feel the same nervousness when I hit send on the 'comments' as I cannot go in to make a correction. At least if I make a glaring error on a post, I can edit! Here goes...

Amy said...

You are so fun! Thanks for reading our blog. We feel special knowing you check in on us. :-)
Love,
Amy

Nikki said...

No your sister is frustrated as all get out because she had the time posted and even put a new picture up and rememberedd to to push all the right buttons to post the new entry and nothing happened. I went through my computer to check the settingsa and they are all fine. I have no idea wjhat is going on. Oh well maybe Ed and I can look at it together tonight.
Love ya Nikki

Nikki said...

And as you can see I really am not that concerned about my errrors in my frustration... oh well little man is growling at me, must run.
love Ya Nikki