Saturday, June 30, 2007

MANAMANA!

You remember it. The crazy muppet yelling the word manamana while these back up singer-like creatures calmly try to sing "doo doo doo doo doot." It's classic and wonderful although I didn't realize its true beauty until tonight. I know why the creators of the muppet show created the word manamana. Toddlers are able to learn it rapidly AND they instinctively yell it at the top of their lungs. This might seem like it would annoy, but tonight shortly before dinner Luke played the role of crazy muppet while Erik and I sang back up. Being a child of the 80's I have never been so happy in all my life. I have my own muppet. What more could I ask for?

In other news...I'm officially 39 weeks pregnant now. That's huge in case you were wondering. It is exciting to be getting closer to meeting Sprout. Another muppet to observe and enjoy. I'm definitely aware that I'm not the one pulling the strings on these creatures. See previous entry.

In addition to reenacting my childhood with my son, I'm also nesting like crazy. I've purchased eight sponges over the past two days. Why? Because I might need them! :-) Oh, I need to go into labor soon or my closets are going to be filled with cleaning supplies that I may or may not ever use. If you are dropping by for a visit, I really like the Magic Eraser sponges.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Joey loves this muppet scene. Ed's aunt showed us a web site were Joey can watch it and he gets so excited. I can't wait for him to get old enough to participate. For now his father and I do the show for him and he thinks we are the funniest. Love Nikki