Sunday, July 1, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

I'm not one of these to avoid and/or dislike my birthday. I LOVE my birthday. I like looking back on the year and realizing how much God has grown me. I like looking ahead to what He is going to do in the next year of my life. I also like the presents. :-)
Today was a good day. Erik made breakfast for the family and Luke greeted me with a sweet, "Happy Birthday, Mommy." The day continued with meeting some new friends of ours at church. They were coming for the first time. That is a great birthday present! After church Dave and Lynne came over and made barbecued salmon for lunch. YUM! Then I took a two hour nap. Another bit of yum! Neighbors came calling with their toddler daughter. She and Luke proceeded to provide the entertainment with the help of a balloon. After their departure, my friend Holly came for evening tea. Having spent a significant amount of time in England, Holly does tea like a professional. It was a most civilized way to end the day.
I thank God for those He has placed in my life to bless me on this day and all the others of last year and the year to come.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday, sorry I didn't call yesterday but I started back to work this weekend and was wiped out. I'll give you a call this week. Love your big sister, Nikki

Lee said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you, Amy!!