Friday, July 27, 2007

Rabbit Trails and Pictures

First I would like to declare an official "shout out" to Courtney who left a comment on the last post. Of course it's okay that Jacob gave you our blog address! It is very fun to hear from you, and I hope life is treating you well. Obviously my life has changed a LOT since our time together in the classroom. I like to think, however, that I have remained basically the same. I just don't give homework or tests anymore. It's a good thing! Anyway, feel free to share the address with anyone who wonders what Crazy Lady Bangsund is up to these days. I didn't have enough enemies while teaching to worry about who visits my blog here in the "afterlife." :-)

Second I feel that I owe the adoring aunties, both literal and adoptive, more pictures. The sad truth, which all those of us who are seconds or thirds understand too well, is that there haven't been tons of pictures taken of this wonderful baby boy. It's a crime really. We will work harder to keep documentation current and somewhat more plentiful. Another factor that contributes to the lack of both posts and pictures is my inability to negotiate stairs and our computer's location in the basement. I work on Erik's laptop when the opportunity presents itself. I confess that this past week was spent reading during every spare moment. I'm done now and won't comment in case any of you are fans who haven't finished yet. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, no worries. The rest of us addicts will just gather in the corner later and make cryptic comments about "hallows" and "horcruxes". We don't mind if you mock us.

My goodness! This post has taken a few rabbit trails. Time for those pictures!

If Big Brother Luke is sitting in his chair, Baby Paul needs to sit in his chair too. Luke spends lots of time narrating life to Paul and telling him to look at things. In this picture, we notice that Paul is mainly interested in the black and white pattern on the bar above him. Last night Luke had tried on my newest shoes (sorry-no photo available) and was really wanting Baby Paul to look. Paul can't see the ground yet while being held. Maybe next time, Luke.


He has spiked hair and sideburns! No cooler baby exists. He can also do the Elvis Sneer, but we have yet to capture it digitally.

A very common inquisitive look. Paul wants to memorize your face and this is how he looks at you while he does it. If you sing to him, the look becomes even more intense. You get the feeling he is trying to figure out how you are doing it.

And last, but not least, the big brother ready for a trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house this morning. Instead of asking him to smile, we told him to say "cheese". It resulted in the same exact face. Are we doomed to years of this expression or is there a solution? Anyone?

1 comment:

Jess said...

Oh my gosh he has sideburns! Matt would be so impressed with those chops. They're glorious.

I love his inquisitive face. It just makes you think about how nice it must be to be experiencing everything for the first time. The lucky guy...

Keep up the good recovery and the cute pictures!