Thursday, July 5, 2007

What's the Skinny with Amy?

Have you found yourself wondering lately, "So, is Amy still pregnant or what?" Yep. Still pregnant. Our due date is just two days away. I keep telling myself that. Patience. Not my strongest character trait. Actually, when I'm sitting down and can't feel the force of gravity quite as much on my body, life is good. It's when I realize that I need to go to the bathroom again for the fourth time in an hour that I feel like Baby Sprout needs an eviction notice. Fortunately for Sprout, no such notice will be given by me (at least in the form of Pitocin). One ride on that train was enough for me. So, we wait. Feel free to pray for God's peace and for my attitude to glorify Him, rather than be self-centered.

On the funny side, I was in a fabric store the other day and had the absolutely irresistible urge to buy a cross stitch kit. I haven't cross stitched since I was twelve. Regardless, I bought a kit and have found myself sitting quietly doing needle work. I'm thinking that might be one of the more odd nesting urges I've had this time around. It also appears that nesting is somewhat contagious. Oma and Erik worked for a good three hours in the yard this morning, creating a yard waste pile that is the envy of all. Luke enjoyed the morning "working" outside with them. He gets the prize for gardener who picked up the most "heavy rocks." Good work, Luke.

On the even funnier side, my husband is currently enjoying a new game on the Wii called Raving Rabbids that involves "evil" bunnies, lots of plungers, and a fair amount of disco dancing. I seriously do not have words to describe it. I think he knows I need the distraction. This game definitely does the trick!

3 comments:

Jessica Kaylor said...

I'm with you on waiting as long as you can w/o the Pitocin. Much better to let Sprout come in just the right time if possible. Maybe Sprout is just waiting for 07/07/07, the easiest birthday ever to remember.

Praying God's peace to wash over you today,
Jess

Anonymous said...

As always you make us smile and give us such great joy. You continue in your thoughts and prayers..

Lynne

Jess said...

I actually did find myself wondering recently "Is Amy still pregnant?" Thus my trip to this neck of the woods.

I miss you and look forward to pictures!