Saturday, July 7, 2007

Due or Don't Date?

It's nearly 8 pm on our due date and unless Sprout is going to really kick things into gear, I think s/he is going to miss being born on 07/07/07. I heard this morning about some women who scheduled c-sections for today just so their child could have "the luckiest birthday." Uh...no thanks.

Erik and I went on our "Due Date" date this afternoon. This was an excellent idea given to us by our childbirth education instructor with Luke. Makes the day go quicker and I don't have spend the day being stared at and asked the question, "So, do you feel anything?" We went to a Dream Dinners session and made enough food to feed a small army. It was excellent for my nesting instincts. :-) We also went for as long a walk as possible after dinner tonight - that was a whopping twelve minutes. And it was more of a waddle than a walk.

A good friend from our former lives came to visit this afternoon and it was sheer joy to have her company. It was also delightful to see her interact with Luke. As a preschool teacher with a degree in speech development, she had all sorts of fun games to play with Luke. Watching him learn is such fun. I wanted to ask her to move in. I guess she already has a job that actually pays her money, and her husband might miss her. Too bad.

My cross stitch is coming along nicely, but as Mrs. Jean observed this afternoon, it probably won't be finished until the kids start school. It is serving its purpose now. It's impossible to count stitches and think about being overdue. It actually makes me happy to have every moment to work on the thing! Silly Amy.

1 comment:

Jessica Kaylor said...

07/08/07 is a good day too. As is 07/09/07....
Praying God's perfect timing to remain increasingly evident in your lives.
Love,
Jess