Saturday, July 21, 2007

Home At Last

We've been home from the hospital since Friday and we have all been learning a lot. Luke is discovering that there are some fun things and some not-so-fun things about being a big brother. He definitely enjoys the visitors who have brought him presents. He also likes helping feed Baby Paul his bottle. He doesn't like it when he is told not to throw things around Baby Paul. We have noticed a slight increase in tantrums on Luke's part, but we are pretty sure this is normal behavior.

Meanwhile Baby Paul is learning that he likes to eat and sleep and he HATES to have his diaper changed. He likes to hear Mommy or Daddy or Luke sing to him. He also enjoys a good book, especially one with contrasting black and white pictures. Daddy and Luke went on a special trip to the library Friday afternoon to pick up a few books just for Paul. He definitely spends way more time contemplating the contrasting pictures. I'll have to get a few pictures of his face doing this tomorrow.

My recovery has been going fine. The incision is healing perfectly and I'm very sore. I have to keep reminding myself that I've had major surgery. My inclination has been to feel like I have to get back to doing all the things I did before Paul's birth. My body is being pretty clear about the fact that I need to pay attention to my recovery and not push myself. That being said, I'm really hoping to get to church tomorrow. :-) Just one little outing...mostly because I want to show off this stunningly adorable baby boy! We will see how the night goes.

Last night was pretty typical for newborn land. Paul was up about every two-and-a-half hours. Erik had to do all the work because I can't get out of bed unassisted yet. Super Dad did everything. I know we are both looking forward to when I can contribute more. I feel like a total lump, but I know that my body will heal faster if I take care of myself now.

We've had a few visitors and look forward to having more. It really helps brighten my mood and entertain Luke when folks drop by. So...drop by sometime!

2 comments:

Jessica Kaylor said...

Pictures are a requirement on your next post! I will also be looking foward to hearing if you attended church on Sunday, super-mom! We love hearing your updates and can feel your smiles coming through each post a thousand miles away in TX!
We love the four of you!
Jess

Josh Moore said...

Congratulations! Great name, and does sound Paul has a Super Dad and a Super Mom. Can't wait to see pictures...

Josh, Jenny and Jonas