Monday, July 23, 2007

One Week as a Family of Four

Life has been pretty slow here as we have started adjusting to life as a family of four. I was telling a friend today how much easier it is to go from having one kid to having two, as opposed to what it was like to go from zero to one.

Looking back at ourselves as first time parents gave us a good laugh today as we realized how many times we boiled Luke's pacifiers. Paul's pacifiers...uh...haven't been boiled at all. Poor Paul. :-)

We have heard the people's cry (Hey Jessica!) for more pictures and are always happy to oblige those who want to see more of our darling children! Here are some shots from the weekend and Paul's One Week Birthday.


Paul asleep on my lap Saturday afternoon. I liked the lighting in the room and thought it would be cool to a flash-free picture of the little guy.


Daddy reads a great library book to Paul and Luke. This one is called "I Kissed the Baby" and has great contrasting black and white pictures for Paul and adorable text for Luke. Good pick, Daddy!


Luke was "hugging" Paul this afternoon. Okay, it was more like Luke was using Paul as a pillow, but Daddy was right there to make sure Luke didn't press too hard on Paul's little belly.

Luke continues to enjoy Paul's company, pointing out objects that are Baby Paul's. He even announces to most guests, "Dat Baby Paul right dere." And when Paul goes down for a nap, Luke is the first to ask and announce, "Where Baby Paul? My wanna see Baby Paul." It's pretty adorable.

I haven't done any venturing out yet. My recovery is going fine, but I still experience a fair amount of pain from simple movements. I'm saving myself for Paul's upcoming newborn check-up this Wednesday. It will be good to get out of the house and at the same time have a purpose and a time line. I didn't make it to church this Sunday...I'm not quite the superwoman I desire to be. I have high hopes for next weekend though! :-)

4 comments:

Jessica Kaylor said...

You are still a super-mom to me! You are doing such a great job. (The jump from 2 to 3 is hardly noticeable at all:)
Love you,
Jess

Anonymous said...

Amy -- great photos...see you soon, we miss you all

Love,
Gama

Jess said...

I hope the check-up went well and that you're feeling well.

His hair is so dark! Did Luke's start that dark and then morph to the blonde locks he has today?

I hope everything is going great!

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Bangsund! I am so happy for you and your family.
I hope all is well and I miss you a lot!
by the way, Jacob gave me your blog link i hope that's okay.

- Courtney Stogsdill