Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Random

Paul is nine months old today, but we haven't had a chance to take the "Chair Pictures" yet. I had BSF this morning and he had a date with his crib this afternoon. When he wakes up, I will get it done. I'm posting now because BOTH boys are asleep. I worked out first and my reward is writing this post. No comments from those of you who think I need more rewarding things in my life. :-)

We have had a good week thus far. Luke had a fabulous day with Grandma yesterday that was completely void of screaming and tantrums. We are ALL overjoyed because it proves there is a light at the end of the two-year-old tunnel. Whew! Today at BSF when I picked him up from his classroom, one of his teachers shared with me that he behaved perfectly during quiet time. (!) I have to explain this concept for those of you who aren't familiar. After the Bible Story, which lasts for five minutes, all the two year olds lie down on their mats and are instructed to think about what God is teaching them through His Word. They are teaching them to meditate on what the Lord is doing in their lives. (!) I know for a fact that this is a challenging time for the teachers, but I think it is an awesome goal and we will work hard to practice it during the summer break. And today Luke was quiet. Was he thinking about the Bible Story? God knows the answer to that, and I'm content that he was quiet. It's a start. :-)

We are headed to my mom's for the weekend to do yard work with our friends in the north. I'm looking forward to seeing folks and meeting new arrivals and introducing Paul.

These pictures are random shots from this past week.

Enjoying the 70 degree weather with friends on Saturday.

Celebrating Grandpa's birthday on Sunday.

Paul enjoying the party. That outfit is 18 month size.

When the cat's away, the mouse will play. Paul checking out big brother's hook and ladder truck during Luke's nap on Monday afternoon.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Darling!!!!

Jessica Kaylor said...

I am so glad that you are seeing the "end of the tunnel". Your pictures are precious! Thanks for posting them. Have fun this weekend:)

Much love,
Jess

Unknown said...

All the boys look like they are enjoying themselves. Love Paul's look of wonder at the hook and ladder. Glad blogging is your reward!!
Much Love, Mom