Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday Night Blessings

Monday nights are hard for me. Erik heads out the door for BSF after dinner and it's just me and the boys. Nearly every time, I struggle with feeling bitter about his ministry, a ministry I know God has called him to and equipped him for. Tonight was particularly difficult because Erik had fellowship before hand and needed to leave an hour early. Despite my horrible attitude, beautiful things happened. The boys had story time together in Luke's crib and were both asleep by 7:30 pm. I spent time finishing my BSF lesson, which focused on Jesus' time in Gethsemane. If you haven't read it, check out Matthew 26:36-46. He knew sorrow and loneliness more than I ever will. And he invites us to bring our sorrow and loneliness to Him. What a wonderful God.

Additional blessing: Right after I put Paul into Luke's crib for story time, Luke looked up at me and said, "Take a picture, Mommy." So, I did!

Luke hugged Paul of his own accord. :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful heart Luke has...
that is a great picture.
Love, Mom

Lynne said...

Hold on to this wonderful moment...Luke's request and the photo say it all.
Love, Lynne

NaeLee said...

Thank you SO much for your honesty. I struggle the same way at times. It feels nice to know I'm not the only one. I hope you're all doing well!