Thursday, November 5, 2009

New Birth

One of my closest friends on the planet gave birth Sunday morning to a beautiful baby boy. It was my honor and privilege to care for her other children during this time. God timed the birth perfectly so that Erik was home with our boys and I could head over to their house at 2am. :-) Visiting her at the birth center later that day, I was astounded again by the newness of birth. The soft skin. The sleepiness of a newborn. I held a baby who was four hours old and introduced myself, telling him how much I love his family and that we are bonded not by a blood relationship, but through the blood of Jesus Christ. I prayed over him, that he would trust in the Lord with all his heart and lean not on his own understanding; that in all his ways He would acknowledge God and He would make his path straight. (Proverbs 3:5,6) Pretty amazing moment.

My boys are good. Erik has been at a business meeting since Monday, so we are all looking forward to his return this afternoon. I realize I haven't blogged since Halloween...it didn't go down like I thought it would. The boys tried on their costumes and decided they didn't want to wear them. At the same time, the Oregon vs. USC game started at 5pm and I really didn't have a desire to take the boys out. So we all stayed in and watched the Ducks TROUNCE the Trojans. It was a good night. :-) Here's a pic of the Ducks fans.

Thanks for the t-shirts, Grandma! The boys wore them to BSF on Wednesday and were a big hit, even with the Beaver fans. :-)


Luke and Paul with Luke's lion costume. Sorry, folks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can hardly wait to meet the newest Wilsea. Love the shirts...Looking good!! Halloween is over rated and I'm sure they enjoyed their evening a lot more the way it went down.

Love you all,

Oma

Lynne said...

Precious!!! Thanks for the new photos. Love, Grandma and Grandpa