Thursday, March 17, 2011

Remodel Update

In honor of Ellen, here is an update on our remodel. We are largely finished, with just little bits of touch up work that will have to wait for summer days. We were able to get a fun chocolate brown, extra-long couch from IKEA. We've also finished up the desk, which now includes a station for all my crazy scrapbooking business. The most recent addition to the room has been something for which my husband has longed: a surround sound system. Fancy.

So I went back and grabbed some before and during pictures so that y'all can appreciate the update.

A good friend checks out the destruction of the bar. You can see the two windows on the right wall, covered with black out material. You can also see the amazingly ugly carpet as well as the desk, covered in clutter, on the left edge of the picture.

The new desk area. No comparison. Simplified and functional. I'm so happy.

Our former "screen" wall with lovely wood paneling and scraped floors.

That same wall with fun chocolate brown corduroy couch. There won't be ugly black wires coming out of that cupboard as soon as we get the new projector installed. The projector in the picture belongs to a friend and has been on loan.

And the new projector wall. No, we didn't install that fireplace. It was just utterly swallowed in ugly before the remodel. Now I like it and we might actually use it.

This room has become a great hang out place for our family and various ministry groups with which we are involved. It's a huge blessing from God, and we are thankful for His provision that allowed us to make these improvements to our home.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

I am so honored you posted pics of the before/after of the remodel. I fondly remember my tour of the "before" last July. What a transformation! I can feel your joy in your writing. Congrats and enjoy!

Andrea said...

Hey you! Love the blog and the remodel! I realized I never went down there to see all the work you put into it! Yay for blogs! :-)

#19 said...

quite the improvement!!

Lynne said...

The remodel pictures are fantastic... Thanks for sending them out... we send out love and miss you all
Love, Lynne