Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spring!

Yes, it has been a long time. No excuses because they are all lame. Instead a post about how much I love Spring.

I love Spring. The boys are in the front yard playing happily. They don't need coats. They don't need sunscreen. It's the absolute best possible situation. Our neighbor, a County Judge, is out chatting with them. I'm sure they are regaling him with all the details of their little worlds, a recitation which may actually be welcome depending on the type of case he's been listening to all day. They are so excited to be outside re-discovering the yard. Luke must have spent an hour on his swing today. Paul hasn't quite mastered his yet, but he's getting taller every day.

In other news, for those who read and wonder how we all are, life is good. Erik's job is going really well. We are blessed to see God's hand of provision through an almost inexplicable increase in Erik's sales numbers. We are daily on our knees praising and thanking God for all He gives us, especially as good friends and loved ones experience the challenges of the current economic crisis firsthand.

I am continuing to homeschool both boys, although I will admit we are mostly enjoying reading good stories together and playing trains, legos, etc. I'm realizing that despite what our culture practices, my five year old boy is not actually geared to sit at a desk for longer than ten minutes a day. Imagine that! So, we might do handwriting, math, and phonics, or we might not. (Sidenote: he's reading nearly every sign on the road with no hints from me, including the sign at Starbucks advertising their new cake. Who taught him to read long vowel words?)

And now for the pictures!


Run, boy, run!


He's so happy to be outside running and yelling.

Cutie Head telling Daddy about the game they are playing. Rules and title change every seven minutes...ala Calvin and Hobbes.

It's the attachment for the hose...he loves it. I don't know why. :-)



3 comments:

Nikki said...

My boys and I are wishing we had dry ground to go out and run and play on. The snow is melting at an incredible rate here in NY and making a wet mess. I can hardly wait for April. Play hard for us boys! Love you all, Nikki

Lynne said...

What fun to have the boys out side and new photos... thanks

Ellen said...

So good to have you blogging again. I've been checking since Christmas. Your first of 2011. I agree, spring is wonderful! Faithful readers want to know about the basement remodel. How did it turn out?