Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October Fun


I missed a post because I flew away on an airplane for some time with my dear friend, April.  So, today I will treat you all (pun intended) to a special mid-week update.

Okay, I have to go back a bit.  Two weeks ago, we hosted two exchange students for the day on Sunday.  It was so much fun.  We took Laura and Christine down the Columbia River Gorge to see Multnomah Falls and go to a pumpkin patch in Hood River.  A great time was had by all.  These girls were so sweet, and we really enjoyed their willingness to come along for the ride, even when the boys were a little screamy.  Here are a few pictures of that fun!

Paul picks a pumpkin.  He likes 'em to be muddy.

Cute kids with a dead sunflower

Laura, Luke, Paul and Christine outside the entrance to the corn maze

My kids looking like Japanese school children because Daddy told them to be like Mario (the video game).

Bowling with a pumpkin...very popular activity

This was a crazy Pumpkin Funland with scenes from the 2012 Olympics portrayed using...yep...pumpkins!

So hilarious!
 Then a week and a half flew by!  We didn't actually carve our pumpkins until tonight, and yes, it is Halloween.  I'll let the pictures tell the story.

Paul carving

The results!

I just love this picture.  I just love this boy.

Luke carved all by himself.  Nice job, dude!

The lion and the knight

Lookin' Fierce!

Yes, we posed this.

I love this shot because they aren't actually mad at each other...it's an act!

It's late here and I'm pretty tired, so I'm going to end this here.  Happy Halloween, people!


3 comments:

Erin said...

My boys and I loved looking at these pictures! About the posed ones- Jude said, "FIGHT!!!"

Erin said...

My boys and I loved looking at these pictures. About the posed costume ones- Jude said, "FIGHT!!!"

Courtney said...

Bangsundland looks fun. Love the "fighting" pics =)