Friday, November 15, 2013

Jesus Delivers

I recently let a friend down in a big, not cool way and was made aware of it yesterday evening.  It was one of those moments in life when I knew I had screwed up and there wasn't going to be much I could do to make it right.  Boo.  Her frustration with me is totally justified.  And it has me feeling super sad and like a less than lovely person.  I've not wanted to pray or study my Bible.  I've spent the day functioning on low, getting things done, but mostly just feeling like a jerk.  Then I got a phone call from a fellow Roots mom about fifteen minutes ago.

Roots mom: "Are you home?"
Me: "Uh huh."
Roots Mom: "Can I drop by for a second?"
Me: (timidly) "Uh huh."
End conversation

Begin prayer.  Jesus, I can't take another hit today.  Don't let her be frustrated with me for some reason that I'm not even aware of.  I'm already broken, Lord.  Please.

She pulled up to the curb, popped out of her car and presented me with this:


I wept.  I'm not kidding.  She was already at Starbucks driving through.  It's buy one get one free from 2pm to 5pm today.  She prayed and asked who needed the coffee.  The answer was me.  Jesus delivered a latte for me today using Briana Rehana as His driver and delivery girl.

Jesus delivers.  When I cannot come to Him because I'm just so broken and messed up, He delivers me a latte and He delivers me from my self-pity, my unforgiveness of myself and others, my lack of consistency, everything.  He delivers me from everything, people.  I had absolutely no way out of my funk, but Jesus knew the way out was Himself.  I just needed to be reminded how very much He cares about me.  He wasn't going to let me sit here not praying, ignoring Him and beating myself up.

Thank you, Lord.  The latte is delicious.  The reminder of Your immense, tangible love for me is exactly what I needed.

No comments: