Sunday, November 3, 2013

Productive Weekend

I've had a project brewing in my head for about three months and this was the weekend that saw its completion.  That is just so stinkin' fabulous.  Don't you feel that way?  Here's the story.

I've known for awhile that Luke's bed was too big for his room.  It was a full and the kid just didn't need that much bed in his life.  The solution was obviously a twin, but I wanted to really open up as much space in his room as possible.  Simultaneously I wanted to spend as little money as possible.  Right?

We looked at IKEA.  They have high loft beds that would have been very nervous making for this mommy.  The boys are still getting up in the middle of the night to use the restroom.  I just saw a broken arm with these ceiling high lofts.  Nope.  There had to be some middle ground.

Enter my awesome friends.  Both Holly and Cathy had low loft beds that were looking for new homes.  For free.  Oh, how I love that price.  I considered craigslisting to find a cheap twin mattress, but just couldn't do it.  We have allergies and asthma, people.  I just needed to find a new mattress for WAY less than the crazy mattress salesman wanted to charge me a few weeks ago when we went price checking - it was something in the realm of $500.  For a twin.  Mattress, not baby.  WHAT IN THE WORLD!  That's just dumb.

Further online work revealed the mattress outlet.  $99.  WAY more our style.  So, we got busy yesterday.  Okay, first we attended the funnest 4-year-old birthday party ever at the Salem Riverfront Carousel.  So, I'm going to give you some pictures of that business.  Then, I'll reveal the productive awesomeness of new beds for both boys.


Hugs for the Birthday Boy!

Paul on the carousel - each kid was able to ride MANY times.  It was awesome.

Luke and buddy riding together.

All the guests!

And now for the Low Loft Goodness!

 This 8-year-old is VERY happy with his new loft bed.

 Look at all that space!!  So cool.

 Luke's new "work" space.  Lego is work, right?  We found that lantern in the garage.  No idea where it came from.  But there were two of them...

 Paul's new work space.

Makes a great fort, too!

 Your dose of adorable for today.

I'm so thankful to Jesus for helping us get free loft beds and helping us transform the boys' rooms into spaces that are way more usable and fun.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

WOW... what a productive weekend!!! Congratulations to all... xoxo

Unknown said...

I can hardly wait to see the new looks tomorrow afternoon.
Love you all,
Mom

Tara said...

Amy, too cute! I would love to connect again... Our guys have and I think we should have a turn. :) love those mini lofts! Lego is definitely work at this house...