Friday, December 6, 2013

Brrrr!

Some of you might notice that today has been a rather prolific one for this blogger, this being my fourth post of the day, including one over at Simply Radical Christmas.  There's a reason, of course. It snowed here today.  And it's crazy cold, colder than usual but more about that later.  So, because of the snow, this happened to my calendar:



I don't drive in the snow.  Ever.  There's a story behind that involving me driving a car that is spinning out of control in an intersection with on-coming traffic fast approaching.  Nope. Nope. Nope.  I'm blessed to live a lifestyle that means I can pretty much stay home when it snows.  In fact, it makes for a beautiful day usually.

 Watching it snow.  Notice the difference in attire.  This will become more meaningful when you scroll down.

 Artsy shot.  Couldn't resist.  Keep scrolling.


This is our thermostat.  It's not broken, but our furnace is.  It is not warm in vast portions of our house today.  Some of us are choosing to layer heavily today.  Others of us are wearing swim trunks, knee socks, and t-shirts.  Whatever.

The Mama-La is hanging out in the playroom where these in-wall space heaters are saving the day.  Historically, I have not been a fan of the fact that this room is not part of our central heating system.  

Today, I am thanking Jesus for these bad boys.  It's 28 degrees outside, 62 degrees in my living room, but a warm 74 degrees in this playroom.  Where I sit.  Blogging.


And drinking coffee while listening to Christmas music.

The boys did venture outside to play in the dusting of snow we received.  They actually ended up having a halfway decent snowball fight with Mrs. Mary, our backyard neighbor who loves my kids.  It was so awesome that she instigated this super fun activity because it meant that I didn't need to go out and get really cold.  Yes, I'm a wimp.

 That's glee on Luke's face, in case you couldn't tell.


The snow was really powdery and didn't stick together all that well.  Did that stop these peeps?  No.  No it did not.  They had a blast and came in red-cheeked and happy.

As for the furnace, our call is in to our dude who fixes these things.  Simultaneously, I'm not stressed about it.  Yes, we are going to have our coldest night of the year tomorrow night.  But we have lots of blankets and a portable space heater.  We will survive.  In fact, this is as close to camping as my boys are going to get for awhile.  No heat, but warm, running water and electricity.  That's my kind of camping, people.  Don't judge.  I do other cool things with my kids.  ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You had more snow that we did down here. Looks like you all enjoyed the day. Love, Mom