Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Unexpected Color

I had intended to blog most days here on Maui, but yesterday we had some unexpected events that prevented a post.  I want to start by saying that everyone is fine.  Okay.  Around 3:45 a.m. after a trip to the bathroom, Luke took a tumble down the three tile steps in our condo, landing on the right side of his face.  It hurt.  A lot.  The screaming Luke tore us from sleep and our beds.  We did our best to comfort him while simultaneously gauging his injuries.

The living room of our place has two twin beds set up as daybeds in an L shape.  Luke took one and I took the other, wanting to keep him under observation for awhile.  The injury just looked dangerously close to his temple.  So, Luke slept and I prayed and watched.  Eventually around 5:30 am, I realized I wasn't going to be able to fall back asleep anyway with all that Mommy Adrenaline, so I made coffee.  Luke was able to sleep until around 8:45 a.m.  He awoke chipper and rested and COLORFUL.  Here are the pics.

 Yesterday evening at Grandma and Grandpa's

 He's so cute, shiner and all.

This morning's edition was even MORE colorful.

Stay tuned in upcoming posts for more eye pics and an entire post devoted to why the housekeeping staff at Makena Surf is the coolest group of folks on Maui.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

God is so good...you have all been on heavy on my mind the last day. Did a lot of praying for protection. Now I see why. Very colorful eye Luke. Well done sweetie.
Love you bunches,
Oma

Courtney said...

Wow, well done, Luke! That's quite a shiner. Hope the rest of your trip is less eventful. It looks gorgeous, and you all deserve the fun and relaxation.