Sunday, September 7, 2014

Living Vicariously

I've been told that some folks read blogs in order to live vicariously through the author.  I am quite confident that none of my readers want to be living my life.  If I'm wrong, I haven't been nearly honest enough on this blog.  Regardless, yesterday afternoon I was able to sort of experience the Ducks game live from Autzen.  How is this possible?  My fabulous father-in-law was able to attend and sent us pictures and texts throughout the game.  Can you, my dear reader, live vicariously through me as I live vicariously through another person?  Um...probably not...but I'm going to share the shots anyway because I wish I'd been there to take them.

 This was the first picture Grandpa sent.  Nice seats, huh?  When I told the boys that Grandpa sent the picture, they looked at it and said, "Where is he?"  Raised in the selfie culture.  Oy.  So, we requested a selfie.

Nice job, Grandpa.  You rock.

The game was gripping and we won!  But it was just as well that Grandpa was in Autzen and we weren't.  So much time is spent running and jumping while watching football in our basement.  I don't think that stadium is big enough for these Bangsunds yet.  :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You rock Grandpa!! And the boys should be little duck mascots...