Wednesday, March 4, 2015

February Recap

Blog much?  Apparently not.  Regardless, I have a moment, so the quick catch up.

February - Gross.  Luke contracted the community version of c diff.  Doesn't sound revolting, but it was.  We spent almost the entire month walking that road.  Yuck.  Blessedly, we finally got it diagnosed and treated.  And then Erik and I ran away to Sunriver for five days.  So.  Good.  

Homeschooling - yep.  We do that business.  And despite Luke's February health issues...we didn't miss a single day of school.  That poor kid.  We won't talk about how often he had to run for the bathroom.  Before you judge me, you should know that he wanted to be doing school because it distracted him from his failing GI tract.  I'm serious.

Ministry - still doin' the same stuff, but Erik's responsibilities have increased at his Bible Study class.  It's been an adjustment as he is now responsible for preparing to teach the Bible passage to around 200 men each Monday night.  But we are SO blessed to be carried by Jesus Christ.  He is faithful and good.  We trust Him to provide all we need.

I wish I had pictures of the kids, but it's been a busy/gross/disgusting month.  So, I don't.  But here is a picture of the grammar lesson Luke did today!  He is learning to diagram adverbial phrases!  Oh, be still my English-teacher heart!  By the way - Luke is drawn to diagramming.  All the pieces fit into very specific places.  It is quite appealing to him.  Isn't it appealing to everyone?  ;-)





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Luke you are one amazing guy!! Beautiful job on the diagramming. I'm so glad you are feeling better. See you Sunday. Love, Oma