Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Birthday for Me!

Today was my thirty-third birthday and it was fabulous. It began with delicious coffee, a yummy scone and a wonderful birthday card featuring original art by Luke. I also got a pilates mat, something which I have been longing for and needing. These were followed by Messy Art and Jump and Shout, Luke's extremely fun classes at the community center. For lunch, my good friend Becky brought Dino Buddies for our kids and minestrone soup for the moms. We were even able to scrapbook for a couple hours while all four children slept. (!) Becky then agreed to babysit last minute for good friends so that they could keep our dinner date after having a babysitter cancel last minute. Beck - you rock!

This evening Dave and Lynne took the boys while Erik and I headed on a very fun double-date with friends from church. We dined at the swanky Sel Gris, enjoying venison, lamb, and other fancy food prepared in fancy French ways. The head chef, Daniel Mondok, has actually competed on and won Iron Chef three times. The food was awesome. The company was fabulous and here are the pictures to prove it!

Hey, hey, the gang's all here. And the gang is lookin' good!

My entree. Lamb Three Ways. Beautifully plated. And super yummy.

The Birthday Girl and her Dashing Date. :-)

A quick reflection on my thirty-second year...because I only have thirty minutes left of my birthday. It has been a great year. Highlights for me include but are not limited to:
  • Paul's birth - July 16, 2007 - we saw God's provision in ways we never imagined as Paul was born cesarean with no complications and a perfect bill of health
  • September-May - my first year as a Bible Study Fellowship Discussion Leader. Wow! How much can God stretch me and teach me in one year?!? It was awesome and I can't wait for next year.
  • Can't remember which month - we started serving on a worship team again for the first time since moving to Portland two years ago. It's good to use what God gave us to serve and glorify Him.
  • June 2008 - I finished my thesis.
  • December-June - I lost 33 pounds. I look and feel better now than on my wedding day. That's incredible to me.
It has been a good year. I am blessed. God has grown me this year in ways I did not anticipate. I can hardly wait to see what year thirty-three brings!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy late birthday, dear friend! I'm glad you had such a fun day of celebrating another blessed year!

Love in Christ,
Cammy

Lynne said...

What a great set of birthday photos...your little ones had a great night and now we are off for a morning walk and the park.

Love, Lynne, Luke and Paul