Saturday, October 4, 2008

Spelling and Singing

Everybody has a cold except me, so this post will be short. I want to stay healthy if possible and I'm a firm believer in sleep.
Today's pictures are brought to you by Paul's desire to sit in Daddy's chair and Luke's desire to sit next to him there. This all happened this morning while Daddy was at BSF. Before the pictures...the cute Luke story. I have been playing an online game called Text Twirl, the object of which is to create as many words as possible out of a given set of six letters. English majors unite. Anyway, Luke likes watching me play and today he made up his own version using his magnetic letters, which he called magic letters. I think he says magic because it sounds like magnetic, but is easier to pronounce. After Daddy got home this morning, Luke was industriously working with his letters when he asked for help finding the "S." We found the requested letter and he announced that he was spelling BSF. Sure enough! And when he finished he said, "How do you spell Leadership?" Erik and I worked hard not to laugh because spelling is very serious business for Luke.
As for Paul, if you see him, be sure to ask him to sing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" for you. He gets his hands into the proper position and very sweetly burbles, "Da ih da ih" and that's the song. I have video, but no time to edit. Check back in a week.

I love it when they have fun together.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What fun to have a brother...older or younger...it doesn't matter.
Love, Oma