Friday, October 31, 2008

Ingenuity

About a month ago Luke and I shopped online for his Halloween costume. He was very excited about the purchase we made, a Winnie the Pooh costume that included a puffy headdress. Last week we got it out to try it on, and it got stuck over his head, causing him to TOTALLY freak out. From that moment on, he would have absolutely nothing to do with it. Up until today, I figured he was just going to skip the entire Halloween deal. With everything else going on, I had decided this was not a priority. Today while visiting my fabulous friend Liza, I was inspired. Her little guy had a similar experience with his costume, so Liza decided that his construction hat with a tool belt would make him a perfect Bob the Builder. I realized that Luke had everything necessary for a very cool fireman. It worked perfectly! He had a great time walking around our neighborhood. He was completely unwilling to say "Trick or Treat" but he did like going up to the houses and looking at all the decorations. Paul finished the night after about fifteen minutes, but Luke was just getting started. We finished off our street and then came home where he handed out candy at the door until the costumes got a little too scary. Here are the cutie pictures of Firefighter Luke and Tigger Paul.



Here's Firefighter Luke with his trusty fire extinguisher. I wish I'd shot video. The sound effects are awesome. GOOOSH!

Tigger missed his afternoon nap and wasn't quite as bouncy as usual, but still VERY cute.

I seriously could not have picked a better costume. The reflective stripes on Luke's coat were perfect for an evening jaunt through our neighborhood. :-)

I am so thankful to God for my husband and my boys.

No comments: