Sunday, November 2, 2008

Marvelous Light

Erik and I were unable to travel to Texas for Jessica's service held yesterday. I had been feeling empty and a little lost about not being with family and not having the chance to celebrate Jessica's life. Today in church God gave me an amazing gift. We sang a song that so perfectly made me think of Jessica. I stood there and wept with absolute joy knowing that so many of the truths in this song are now about Jessica physically. The song is meant to speak to the spiritual truths of one who has found Jesus. Both truths apply to Jessica! Jesus has risen from the dead and Jess is with Him now, worshiping Him and proclaiming Him the Lord of Lords, who was, and is and is to come. I joined her this morning and was so blessed! Thank you, Father.

My dead heart now is beating

My deepest stain now clean
Your breath fills up my lungs
Now I'm free
Now I'm free

Sin has lost its power
Death has lost its sting
From the grave you've risen
Victoriously

Into marvelous light I'm running
Out of darkness
Out of shame
By the cross You are the truth
You are the life
You are the way

2 comments:

Harris Family said...

Thanks for the beautiful sharing.
Our banner is the Lord!
Am praying for you friend, during this bittersweet time.
Kim Harris

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy,

I want you to know that we all felt like you were with us at Jessa's celebration last Saturday. You would have been so proud. Jess asked that the service not be for her but a worship service for Him. Guess what, it was both! You could not have left the church without knowing that Jessica's extraordinary life was orchestrated by the Lord. I hope I can get a tape of the service as it will bless your heart. One song Jess had us sing was, "You are the Lord...the Famous One." Besides the fact that she so believed and lived these words, I also believe that she wanted all of us to know exactly who was to get the glory.

Love,
Aunt Sandy