Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

We began our Thanksgiving with a new family tradition, the creation of a tree of thanksgiving in our dining room. I got this idea from a good friend, Holly, and I LOVE it. Luke had so much fun cutting and pasting this morning. Each leaf has the phrase, "______ is thankful to God for..." followed by a few things. Luke's list didn't change much from the other day: all the roaring animals Jesus made, elephants, and the cows. That's all he had for the longest time, but then I asked him one more time who he was thankful for. This is what he said. "I'm thankful that I have a Paulywog that I love." Yep. That went on a leaf for sure. That's my favorite leaf on the tree right now. Here are the pics.







We thank you, Lord Jesus, for all you have given us through your death on the cross and resurrection. We acknowledge that all that we have is from you.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I love your new tradition and photos of the boys...we also shared what we were thankful for as we sat around the table. You and the boys topped our list. Love, Grandma

Unknown said...

You should put that leaf in Luke's book...I was very Thankful to share the day with my family.
Love, Oma