Saturday, November 22, 2008

More Thankful

It's Saturday morning and that means that Erik is at his BSF leaders meeting from 7am until 9am. Instead of thinking grumpy thoughts about that, I decided to ask the boys what they were thankful for at breakfast this morning.
Luke: I'm thankful for the lions and all the animals - that God made all the animals.
Mommy: And Paul, what are you thankful for?
Paul: (pointing at the banana just out of his reach) Nan-ah! (Probably coincidence, but also probably accurately represents that for which Paul is most thankful.)
Luke: ( a few minutes later) I like when God made all of the roaring things.

Two comments from the Mommy's perspective. Firstly, I know there are many reasons why lions and tigers roar, but I believe that God would have given them this ability simply for the delight of the three-year olds. He's like that. Secondly, having just heard on the news that 10 million Americans are currently looking for work, I am SO thankful to God that my husband has a job that keeps bananas on the breakfast table.

And now this morning's pictures, a few quick shots taken after I finished typing this.

Watching Mommy blog is fascinating.


Reading in Daddy's chair is a super special treat.

2 comments:

Erik said...

Marvelous!!!! God does create amazing things...especially darling little boys.
Happy Thanksgiving

Love,
Grandma

Unknown said...

I think God had great fun putting things like little boys and animals together...to His delight and theirs.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Love, Oma