Monday, November 10, 2008

Thankfulness Begins

My precious mom misses the boys, and so I post these pictures and a few stories for her enjoyment and yours.





Sunday afternoon we went to a birthday party for a three-year-old friend. The theme was John Deere tractors. Everyone was told to wear overalls. Our dudes matched because Luke is on his second pair of these ultra-durable Oshkosh overalls. The boys did really well at the party, with only a few minor infractions. Considering their ages, I felt completely blessed.

As we head into this season of giving thanks, I want to be purposeful about the process. In an effort to do so, I will include my thanks a little with each November post.

Each day is such a huge blessing from God, but He gives so much within each day. Today I have been productive, praying, studying, vacuuming, laundering, picking up at the airporting, and even playing. It feels good to be productive and check things off the list. The thing I am most thankful for, however, isn't the feeling of accomplishment and success. It is that I have a God who loves me when I am productive and loves me the same when I am not. I don't have to get the job done to gain His favor. God's love is longer than my to do list and isn't dependent on its completion.
Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

2 comments:

Lynne said...

We are all indeed blessed and have so much to be thankful for each day ...thank you for the wonderful photos!
Love, Grandma

Unknown said...

What a blessing your precious boys are to me and everyone else whose lives they touch. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures. I love the new fall color also.

Love, Mom