Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Colds and Such

I had the best intentions to begin blogging more regularly. And then we all got colds. There is nothing like a cold to make you appreciate the times when you don't have a cold. We have been blessed with a fairly quick round this time. Erik was down Wednesday and Thursday, I spent Saturday and Sunday in bed and the boys just run none-stop through the entire experience. The biggest downer was our inability to keep a dinner date with our new friends who have a new baby. Their little guy was born three months early and although he is home now, he is still on oxygen. There is no way we were going to be able to breathe his air. Hopefully we will be able to reschedule soon.
So, what am I thankful for as I get over my first cold of the season? Zinc. Echinacea. Kleenex. The simple things. This week in BSF we studied Exodus 19 and 20 when God gave the Isrealites the Ten Commandments. Can you remember what the 10th one is? I couldn't either. Don't covet. Simply put, don't want what (s)he has. Her hair, her figure, her shoes, her jeans. His car, his surround sound, his flat screen, his blackberry. Her clean house, his salary, her potty-trained obedient son, his sales numbers. My list applies to my life. We all have our lists. I am SO thankful for a God who speaks to me through His word and quietly convicts me about my covetous thoughts. And then prompts me to share them with the world so that I will be more accountable. :-) I'm so very content with that which God has given me.
And now for the pictures. There wasn't any special event, but I think my boys are pretty special so I take pictures of them.

Luke and Paul are getting better and better at being best friends. Things will get even easier when Paul starts to speak more English.

Luke was pleased beyond description when I discovered this long-sleeved Thomas shirt in his closet the other morning. It was a birthday gift from the Willseas in August. It's Luke's favorite apparel these days. He gets to wear it as long as there isn't any food on it. His eating skills have improved slightly since this restriction.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am thankful for the precious boys you share with me! God has so blessed us all, even if we do get colds sometimes. Glad you are all better. Looking forward to next week. Love, Oma

What beautiful smiles they both have...I sound like Aunt Mae(-:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the cold's. I found a really great medicine at the health food store calle Umcka. It works so well, it helps you get over it quick, like one or two days! Very cool. Actually Lily had pnuemonia last summer and about a month ago she sounded exactly like she did when she had that, I was all set to take her to the dr. in the morning, but I gave her some Umcka and by the morning she wasn't weezing or sounding crackly at all. She wasn't all better yet, but 75% for sure! Anyway thought I would share. It has been a life savor for me!