Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sabbath

I have to start this post with a confession. I am not at home. I am sitting in an over-stuffed chair beside a stone fireplace looking out over an immaculate golf course. Erik and I are at the Sunriver Resort. This was not a planned trip. Well, Erik had planned to come alone to work a convention, but yesterday around 11am that felt really silly. So we called my mom. She was willing and able to come hang with the boys for thirty-six hours. What a huge blessing. We left home around 4:30pm and drove straight through without any problems. This morning Erik had to be up and out by 6:30 am. I was a bit more leisurely in my morning routine. I turned on the fire. I made coffee. I enjoyed my Bible Study and prayer time. I sang hymns of praise. It has been a beautiful Sabbath. We prayed hard yesterday about my making this trip. I just wasn't sure if God wanted me to stay home and be with my dudes or get away with my husband. After praying we had unity about prepping for me to go, but being flexible if it fell through. It turns out, God brought me on the trip to be with Him. Erik is really working the bulk of the day today, so I have time alone for prayer, study, and meditation. It's just one day, but it's been such an encouragement to me already. For some reason I really struggle with resting when I am at home. And God wants me to rest. I'm thankful for the reminder.
And now a few pics to update y'all on how the peeps are doing.

We learned about magnets this past week. Luke had a great time testing the strength of the magnet on his Thomas.

Paul also got into the magnet fun.

Luke is reading a book entitled "Splat" to Paul. If you are in the neighborhood, drop by and he will read it for you, too. Every word. All by himself. :-)

It's done! I'll devote my next post to the process, but here is the end result. I'm so happy!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Hi there--- the post was great...I bet you do love your new closets. Lyle and Terry arrived yesterday and are helping Dave celebrate his birthday. They head to Sunriver tomorrow...
xxo