Thursday, April 14, 2011

Why I Home School

It's not the glamorous lifestyle. (Play dough or finger paints, anyone?) It's not the fabulous looks I get from folks who think I'm nuts. (My favorites are from absolute strangers.) It's not even the never-ending questions I get about socialization. (Again sometimes from absolute strangers.) No. That's not why I do it.

Here's just one of the many reasons I home school:

That's the big brother reading "One Fish, Two Fish" to the little brother. This was unassigned reading. In fact, I didn't realize Luke could read this book. I'm sure parts are memorized, but I also heard him sounding out words. It was so cool.

Eventually they became so engrossed in the book that they had to be closer to it. These two dudes are best buddies. I'm so thankful to God.

I am sure moments like this would happen even if we didn't home school, but I'm not sure I would notice them. Home schooling actually slows the pace of our lives. The mornings home without the rush to get kids out the door allow moments like this one to happen. I love it.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Darling photos of the boys.. indeed precious moments.

xxo