Monday, May 20, 2013

Mud and Maps

The weather is lovely and the boys were able to enjoy some outside time today. I let them make mud. They love it so. Here are some pictures to prove it.



In other news, we began Week 34 of 36 in our Core today. Core means Bible, History, and Read Aloud for those who don't run in Sonlight circles. It's just amazing to me that we are that close to the end of our year. Miraculously, we will also finish language arts, writing, and spelling right on time. Math will be a summer activity for sure.

Like all homeschool moms, I didn't get to it all this year. And like most homeschool moms, I have sneaky ways of facilitating educational moments. Happily, these two traits met each other today.
Last June I bought this super awesome beginning geography workbook. I had high hopes that I could add it in to our seat work routine. Nope. Never got to it. So, I left it lying around the house in plain sight. Paul spotted it today and immediately asked if he could do it during rest time. Sure, buddy. Let me make a few copies. Oh, Luke, you'd like to do some, too? No problem.

Currently both boys are in their rooms with clipboards, colored pencils, and five pages from a very fun and engaging geography curriculum. All too easy. (Insert sinister laughter here.)

Don't bug him.  There's a code to break and a map key to create.

Matching symbols with their meaning.

The curriculum that sold itself to my kids today.  LOVE it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It brings to mind a Calvin and Hobbs from days gone by...Calvin has an unknown bug in hand and Hobbs has a book looking up unknown bug. It hits them both "Are we learning?"
Love it!!
Mom